FULL TIME POSITION BASED IN GUILDFORD, SURREY UK.
Fireproof Games are best known for the critically acclaimed mobile game series “The Room”, and we’re beginning production of a brand new PC/console IP. We’re looking for a Graphics/Performance Programmer to join our award winning team and help deliver the high performance, visually beautiful games Fireproof are known for.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience of shipping games on the current generation of consoles (PS4/Xbox One) in a graphics/performance programming role.
- A thorough knowledge of modern graphics techniques, and the enthusiasm to stay up-to-date
- Strong understanding of graphics hardware
- Excellent maths skills
- Experience with graphics APIs (DirectX, OpenGL)
- Experience in profiling and optimisation
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience of the Unity engine is preferred
- Experience of working with characters and animation would be an advantage.
- 3+ years of relevant games industry experience.
- A passion for working with art and code teams to create smooth, amazing looking experiences.
WHAT WE’LL PROVIDE:
- Relaxed working environment in the centre of Guildford
- Free drinks, fruit & snacks
- Well stocked games room & pool table
- Team pub lunches & outings
- 24 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible working hours
Fireproof Games was formed in 2008 as an art outsourcing company collaborating on projects such as Little Big Planet and Killzone (among many others). In 2011 we started releasing original games of our own, starting with the BAFTA winning mobile hit, The Room. Since then we’ve released three sequels, all of which has garnered critical praise for our egos and commercial success for our business. We’re now looking to bring a new IP to a PC and console audience.
Our philosophy is that by working smartly and hiring the best candidates, we can deliver games that delight our audience while avoiding the stress and long hours that are common at other companies. If this sounds like your cup of tea then please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fireproof Games is an equal opportunities employer hoping to attract applications from diverse backgrounds. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria. Candidates will be chosen on their merits and abilities.